Group Admins

• Profile picture of jonnylons

Group Mods

• Profile picture of MarlinAddict

Fish Tank

Public Group active 7 months, 1 week ago

Stay updated on all of the latest news, rumors, and developments for your Miami Marlins! We have all of the latest here so feel free to read up and share your opinions on what is going on with the Fish!

Marlins sign Chone Figgins (4 posts)

Topic tags: Chone Figgins, free agency, Juan Pierre, Mike Redmond, offseason
  • Profile picture of jonnylons jonnylons said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Caught an interview with Mike Redmond about this move; he said that Figgins and Juan Pierre are buddies. I think that will help him moving forward. Figgins was already paid (Seattle released him although they owe him $8M for this upcoming season). He is looking for an opportunity and Miami definitely has that. With Figgins and JP in the lineup, Marlins get some of that speed back they lost with Reyes and Bonifacio departure.

• Profile picture of jonnylons jonnylons said 1 year, 1 month ago:

On why he wasn’t productive in Seattle:

“In the National League you pinch hit, you get a chance to get in a rhythm. But in the American League, there’s no rhythm when you’re not playing,” he said. “The last two years, I would go three weeks to almost a month not playing. It’s hard.”

On what he can bring to the team:

“I’m not going to hit 10 home runs. But I’m going to make the pitcher work. My line drives and walks make up for a lot of stuff,” Figgins said. “I’m going to run the bases, and I’m going to make sure these guys run the bases. That’s one thing: A base hit to right field, you better go first to third. I’m going to be on them.”

Mike Redmond seems to like having Figgins in camp. Has high expectations:

“I saw this guy play a few years ago and he was amazing. When he was in Anaheim this was one of the best players I’ve ever seen in baseball. He could run, he could hit, he could play all over the place,” manager Mike Redmond said. “He’s had a couple rough years. I know him and J.P. are buddies. We hope he comes in here, gets around some younger players, rejuvenates himself.”