Looks like even though the holiday season is upon us, the Marlins are getting no love – or peace – from their ranks of devoted fans. Just check out their Facebook page and you will see each fun topic raised by the administrators of the page shot down with doubt, rancor, and befuddlement. Ahh, ’tis the season to be merry.
Shall we examine a few excerpts?
Posted on December 26th, Giancarlo Stanton posted via Twitter how it was time to work off the calories from all of the eating he must have enjoyed on Christmas day, like many others celebrating. Let’s look at some of the reactions on the Marlins fan page on Facebook:
- Jeff Flores He was talking about the team when he said left overs….
- Juan Torello Thats right why be in shape when the whole team is not even a major league caliber….
- Soprano Velasco Giancarlo, quick breach contract somehow and find a way out befire you end up playing in a different country.
The Marlins posted a cute coloring for their 2012 Marlins Holiday Masterpiece created by middle school student Yunieski Fonseca. Cheerful subject – let’s take a look at what kind of reaction it garnered:
- Noel Castillio Great job Loria,, for selling all of them, how much did you get??? don’t be funny, you got a new park for wath?????
- Justin Jordan For my Christmas list I want loria to sell the team an we can get MLB players not AA players
- Sergio El Timby Quinones What did Loria and the dwarf get for xmas?
- Nicolas Marin Ironic…Billy the Marlin’s sack of gifts is torn, meaning kids all over Miami will be disappointed while others reap our gifts.
So, as the holiday season winds down, spend time with the ones you love and cherish. It seems that Jeffrey Loria and David Samson have a lot of bitterness they have to sort through starting this new year.