Double J has been stashed on the 15 DL but there are discrepancies as to how long he will actually be out.
That is a good thing.
Johnson has been out for most of the season already, including spring training, and is finally starting to get his game back together when he was hit with a nagging injury. Stiffness in his right forearm, right below the elbow – the same area that shut him down previously.
Yet this time seems a bit different – the medical examination recommended that no further testing needed to be done; just simply give it some rest. So Johnson has been shut down for 15 days, at least.
Johnson said his arm remained sore Thursday but felt “a little bit better” than it did Wednesday. He was asked if he expected to pitch again this season.
“Yeah,” he said. “Hopefully it’s just 15 days and I’ll be back.”
Craig Minervini, on today’s Marlins broadcast against the Padres, reported that Johnson will make his next start and that the shoulder and elbow are fine.
We are still awaiting official word from the Marlins as this does seem to be only a precautionary measure. Initial reports were not favorable yet now, it seems like Johnson will rest and give it another shot after his 15 day stint is over – starting yesterday.